Michele’s Spinach Salad
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup edamame
- ½ cup strawberries
- ⅓ cup Gorgonzola cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup almonds slices
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup broccoli
- ⅓ cup snow peas
- Cook edamame for 3 to 5 minutes in boiling water. Once boiled, set aside and let cool.
- Cut strawberries, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and avocado into slices.
- Rinse spinach and add to a bowl. Add cucumber, cherry tomatoes, edamame, strawberries, avocado, and Gorgonzola on top. Mix.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar as the dressing.
- Top with pepper to taste.
Makes: 1 to 2 servings | Total Time: 10 minutes
Name of Chef: Michele Saldana (named after the song by The Beatles)
Family: Daughter – Victoria Kathleen (19); Son – Dominick Alexander (13); Pets – Kittens named Max and Muffin
Community: Solana Beach and Del Mar
Hobbies/Interests: Documentary films, reading, writing, business strategy, being a member of the PTA for Solana Beach School District (I’m in charge of Career Month), swimming in the ocean, hiking, teaching English to International Students at UCSD, singing, dancing, living a healthy lifestlye, and learning
Favorite Local Activity: Summer Twilight Concerts in Del Mar and Yoga and Meditation at Bella Sareena
About the Recipe: I chose this recipe because it is a healthy, tasty, colorful dish which can be commuted to and from the beach, BBQs, and potlucks. It is perfect for sharing!
About the Chef: I am a San Diego native and a true California girl. I love the beach and people of all walks of life, and I’m very spiritual. I have been a Realtor for over nine years in Rancho Santa Fe and Del Mar with Jelley Properties. I have written poetry since the age of 12. I believe in my dreams and, most importantly, I believe in the people I meet. I am a mother of two. You may find me reading a book and drinking tea with a smile.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.delsolmagazine.com