The Broken Yolk Cafe’s Tiki Toast
- 3 extra-thick slices sweet Hawaiian bread
- 1 ounce strawberries
- 1 ounce blueberries
- 1 ounce shredded coconut
- Caramel syrup
- Egg batter
- Dip bread slices in egg batter on both sides.
- Grill each slice at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Top with strawberries, blueberries, and shredded coconut.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup and enjoy.
Makes: 2 servings • Total Time: 5-10 minutes
Chef: Juan Bueno
Family Members: Wife – Jennifer; Son – Josue
Hobbies & Interests: Going to LA Fitness, captaining a local soccer team, and spending time with family
Favorite Local Spot: Del Mar Race Track
About the Recipe: This dish is a local favorite so The Broken Yolk Cafe knew they had to spread the word to those yet to try it. They hear only great things from customers and would love to hear what you have to say too!
About the Chef: Head Chef Juan Bueno brings more than great food to the table. The mixture of his creativity and genuine passion brings to light his commitment to quality food – breakfast, brunch, and lunch, to be specific. Stop by The Broken Yolk Cafe in Del Mar today and witness their appreciation for fresh ingredients.
GET PUBLISHED! Submit a recipe at www.delsolmagazine.com