Bushfire Kitchen’s Hummus Toastie
- 1 large slice multigrain toast
- ½ small avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces hummus
- 1 ounce baby arugula
- 1 ounce chunk of feta
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Za’atar Spice
- Baby tomatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Toast bread.
- Splash olive oil in frypan and heat, add tomatoes, and cook until blistered for approximately 1 minute.
- Poach 2 eggs for 4 minutes.
- While eggs are being poached, spread hummus over toast, add baby arugula, and drizzle reduced balsamic over arugula.
- Slice avocado and fan over left side of arugula, sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Add chunk of feta over right side of arugula.
- Add poached eggs over the avocado and sprinkle Za’atar spice over eggs.
- Place blistered baby tomatoes over feta.
Makes: 1 serving | Total Time: 5-8 minutes
Featured Chef: Co-owner Brandon Barwin
Restaurant: Bushfire Kitchen Beachside Del Mar
Community: Del Mar
About the Chef: Born in South Africa, lived in Canada for 25 years and now a resident of North San Diego for the last 10 years. Loves to travel and experience food from all over the world. Spends his limited free time jogging and walking the shores of North County.
About Bushfire Kitchen: A local family owned restaurant that focuses on quality ingredients, local and organic (when practical), cooked simply with bold flavors. Just about everything we serve is made from scratch to ensure quality, control, and freshness.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.DELSOLMAGAZINE.COM